Business opportunities and procurement
The new Western Sydney Airport will create a range of business opportunities during its construction and operation. Work on the airport site can be divided into two development phases, enabling activities and main airport works.
In 2017 and 2018, WSA Co will undertake procurement for:
- further geotechnical investigations;
- detailed site surveys;
- remediation of contaminated material; and
- initial bulk earthworks and stock piling.
A single-package design and construction tender is expected to be issued for the main airport works, including:
- main bulk earthworks;
- runway, taxiways and aprons;
- terminal building;
- carparks and on-site roads; and
- drainage, utilities and lighting.