Business opportunities and procurement
The new Western Sydney Airport will create a range of business opportunities during its construction and operation. Work on the airport site can be divided into two development phases, enabling activities and main airport works.
WSA Co has already released tenders for enabling works including geotechnical investigation and land survey services. The company will undertake further procurement of enabling activities in late 2017 and early 2018 for early earthworks
There will be three primary packages of work that constitute the main airport works program.
The main airport works program for the Stage 1 development will include:
- earthworks to move and redistribute 22 million cubic metres of soil on the Badgerys Creek site;
- a 3.7 kilometre runway, aprons, taxiways and other appropriate aviation facilities;
- a multi-level terminal with a floor area of up to 90,000 square metres;
- drainage and utilities;
- car-parking facilities for around 11,500 cars; and
- on-site roads.
Please visit the main airport works page for more information on how the main airport works program will be packaged.
On Tuesday 5 December 2017, WSA Co held an industry information session to provide further detail on the upcoming WSA works.
Early Earthworks—Registration of Interest
WSA Co invites suitably qualified contractors to submit a Registration of Interest to receive Request for Tender documents for the Western Sydney Airport Early Earthworks package.
Any parties interested in tendering for the Early Earthworks package, must complete the Registration of Interest to receive the Request for Tender documents which will be released in late February 2018.
A copy of the registration documentation is available below.
- Early Earthworks—Invitation to submit a Registration of Interest PDF: 1413 KB
The invitation to submit a Registration of Interest will close at 4:00pm (AEDST) on 21 February 2018.
All enquiries should be submitted to email@example.com.
- The contract for Land Survey Services was awarded on 15 December 2017 to Veris.
- The contract for Geotechnical Investigation Services was awarded on 22 November 2017 to JK Geotechnics.