Business opportunities and procurement
The new Western Sydney Airport will create a range of business opportunities during its construction and operation. Work on the airport site can be divided into two development phases, enabling activities and main airport works.
WSA Co has already released tenders for enabling works including geotechnical investigation and land survey services. The company will undertake further procurement of enabling activities in late 2017 and early 2018 for early earthworks
There will be three primary packages of work that constitute the main airport works program.
The main airport works program for the Stage 1 development will include:
- earthworks to move and redistribute 22 million cubic metres of soil on the Badgerys Creek site;
- a 3.7 kilometre runway, aprons, taxiways and other appropriate aviation facilities;
- a multi-level terminal with a floor area of up to 90,000 square metres;
- drainage and utilities;
- car-parking facilities for around 11,500 cars; and
- on-site roads.
Please visit the main airport works page for more information on how the main airport works program will be packaged.
On Tuesday 5 December 2017, WSA Co held an industry information session to provide further detail on the upcoming WSA works.
- Technical Services Panel—Engineering Services
- Technical Services Panel—Quantity Surveying Services
- Bulk Earthworks and Airside Civil Works—Registration of Interest
- Early Earthworks—Registration of Interest: CLOSED (7 March 2018)
- Delivery Partner—Expression of Interest: CLOSED (28 February 2018)
- Project Manager (Definition)—Expression of Interest: CLOSED (28 February 2018)
- The contract for Land Survey Services was awarded on 15 December 2017 to Veris.
- The contract for Geotechnical Investigation Services was awarded on 22 November 2017 to JK Geotechnics.