WSA Co is required to develop and operate Western Sydney Airport in accordance with a contract with the Commonwealth of Australia.
In delivering Western Sydney Airport, WSA Co's objectives are:
- improving access to aviation services in Western Sydney: by providing a broad range of passenger services;
- resolving the long-term aviation capacity issue in the Sydney basin: by maximising the aviation capacity of the site, noting the constraints at Sydney (Kingsford Smith) Airport;
- maximising the value of a Western Sydney Airport as a national asset: including consideration of benefits the airport will bring within and around Western Sydney, NSW and Australia;
- optimising the benefit of Western Sydney Airport on employment and investment in Western Sydney: by recognising that the airport will be a major catalyst for growth and development in Western Sydney;
- effectively integrating with new and existing initiatives in the Western Sydney area: by ensuring long-term planning considers the airport's economic, social and environmental impact in Western Sydney; and
- operating on commercially sound principles having regard to the Australian Government's intention to preserve its options with respect to ownership and governance arrangements: by applying private sector discipline in the management of WSA Co.